Wyoming Works is a state grant program and resources are targeted toward adult students to advance their skills in areas that lead to secure employment. Space and grant funding is limited. Funding is only guaranteed for one year. Maximum award amounts for the Wyoming Works Standard Grant will be up to $840 per semester and the Wyoming Works Critical Grant will be up to $1,680 per semester.
Steps to apply for Wyoming Works:
- Apply for Admission to Western
- File your FAFSA
- Apply for Wyoming Works (click the sign in button, use your westernwyoming.edu email address and password, answer the eligibility questions and submit)
Who is Eligible for a Wyoming Works Grant?
- Must be a new program participant starting Fall 2019 or later
- Must complete the FAFSA form, showing financial need
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien who meets the definition of an eligible noncitizen under federal Title IV financial aid requirements
- Must be a Wyoming resident
- As required, must be registered with the selective service
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress
- You must be enrolled in one of the eligible degree, certificate or solo course programs: Accounting (Certificate only), Automotive Technology, Certified Nursing Assistant (solo course), Cloud Computing, Commercial Driver’s License (solo course), Computer Science, Computer Science Preparation Endorsement (Certificate), Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology, Diesel Medium-Heavy Truck Technology, Diesel Technology (Certificate), Electrical Instrumentation Technology, Electrical Apprenticeship (Certificate), Electrical, Instrumentation, & Control Technology (Certificate), Emergency Medical Services, Industrial Maintenance Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology Mechanics Hydraulics Option (Certificate), Industrial Maintenance Technology Mechanics Welding Option (Certificate), Maintenance Mechanic for Industry (Certificate), Natural Gas Compression Technology, Oil & Gas Production Operator (Certificate), Oil & Gas Technology, Paramedicine, Plant Operations, Power Plant Maintenance Mechanics (Certificate), Powersports Technology, Surface Maintenance Mechanics (Certificate), Welding Technology Fabrication Shop, Welding Technology Industrial Plant, and Welding Technology Mine Maintenance
Who is Not Eligible for a Wyoming Works Grant?
- Cannot be currently receiving or eligible to receive the Hathaway scholarship
- Cannot be currently in default on a federal Tile IV education loan
- Cannot owe a refund under a federal Title IV student financial aid program or a subsequently enacted similar federal student financial aid program, or a student financial aid program administered through the State of Wyoming